Monday 5 May 2008

Smoke On The Water


Since the smoking ban introduced in the summer of 2007, hordes of nicotine craving addicts said goodbye the warm and rain free smoking areas in the pubs and clubs across the country. Outcries of pain have been screamed as man and woman alike have been poured upon whilst having to stand in the blistering cold whilst non smokers happily frolick amongst the healthy.

Is the smoking ban for the better or for the worse? For a non smoker like myself I can honestly say it's brilliant, no longer do my clothes smell of smoke when I leave a club or pub, I can eat in a restaurant without my food being tainted by the death stick opposite me, and I can see across the room without a cloud of nicotine hiding the path ahead. However as a few of my friends are smokers I can understand their pain. I wouldn't want to have to leave the comfort of my bar stool to stand in the cold and smoke.

It's interesting however the comradery smokers have with each other. It seems that being made to be together, smokers are forced into some sort of social situation, maybe to talk about their angst who knows.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068824/ if your feeling brave enjoy these facts on why smoking is so popular :)

1 comment:

*SaraH* said...

I agree that the smoking ban benefits me also, being a non smoker I have a more pleasurable time when out not having to suffer other peoples smoke and smoke tainted clothes when I get home.

I also do agree with how hard it must be for a smoker to have to go outside or find somewhere else that they can smoke but if they find it that much of a task then they should just stop smoking. End of.